Honey Brings It Home on Game Day!
Posted by National Honey Board on February 1, 2017 - 11:10 AM
This Sunday is football's biggest game and a local radio station has coined it as “the biggest Sunday of the year.” While we believe that this is up for debate (hello Easter and the occasional Sunday Christmas), it definitely is a big day for sports fans and food lovers alike. Whether you lean towards chicken wings, pulled pork or simply chips and dip, honey is the one ingredient that takes your game day to the next level!
Honey is an all-natural sweetener, we all know that, but did you know that honey also serves as an emulsifier in marinades, sauces and dips, and a humectant, helping you lock in all the delicious natural juices ensuring moist, tender meat? That’s right; honey is the single ingredient that spans your entire menu, ensuring that your game day party will win in the good eats department.
Last year we put together a great list of favorite honey recipes for the big game from our honey.com database (which you will find here), so this year we thought we would take the fun to the people and have pulled for you our list of favorite game day recipes from around the internet:
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Little Smokies – Family Fresh Meals
- Balsamic Vinegar and Honey Pulled-Pork Sliders – Better Homes & Gardens
- Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings – Baker by Nature
- Baked Bang Bang Shrimp – Becky’s Best Bites
- Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Chicken Taquitos – Carlsbad Cravings
- Honey-Chipotle Nut and Pretzel Mix – Cooking Classy
- Cajun Honey Lime Chicken Wings – Must Love Home
- Almond Crusted Chicken Bites with Honey Mustard Dip – Food Faith Fitness
- Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Recipe Tin Eats
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Chicken Nachos – Floating Kitchen
- Pretzel Monkey Bread with Honey Mustard Dip – Carlsbad Cravings
- Honey BBQ Slow Cooker Wings - Mom Spotted
- Chicken Biscuit Sliders with Chipotle Honey Butter – Restless Chipotle
Whether the team you root for wins or loses, you can rest assured that your taste buds are sure to win!