The National Honey Board and entertainment expert Camille Styles have teamed up to celebrate life’s “Golden Moments” during September’s National Honey Month. The popular lifestyle blogger and author has developed four themed party plans complete with recipes and tips to ensure that everyone from couples to busy parents can enjoy their own special “Golden Moments” during the month of September and beyond.
Styles believes that everyday moments are cause for celebration and that honey can provide a unique twist to any event. From delicious drinks like Honey Orange Crush Spritzer that provide a refreshing twist to date night to an unforgettable Honey and Nut Glazed Brie appetizer for a memorable girls’ night in, celebrating with honey can turn ordinary moments into extraordinary memories.
Create your own Golden Moments with Camille’s recipes and tips below!
Golden Moments Tips
- It can be tough to make exercise a priority after a long day, so grab a buddy and enjoy your workout together! The endorphins will make you both feel amazing and you’ll get the opportunity to split some post-workout snacks, like delicious Oat and Honey Bites or a refreshing Honey Greek Yogurt and Cherry Smoothie.
- Set the tone for your workout by curating a playlist before you put on your gym clothes. If you’re working out with a friend and you’re both in need of some energy, blast a nostalgic playlist of favorite songs from years past from your speakers! It’s a great way to lift your spirits and get the blood flowing.
- Let little ones in on the party prep -- they’ll appreciate the chance to act like one of the big kids and will love spending time with you in the kitchen. Younger ones will enjoy putting together a Honey Bear Lunchbox snack while older ones will appreciate getting a little messy while making everyone’s favorite dinner—Honey BBQ Baked Chicken Tenders!
- Who says that vegetables can’t taste good? Adding a touch of honey to vegetables, like these Honey Citrus Glazed Carrots, will ensure that even the pickiest eaters come back for seconds.
- Though parents love to see smiles on their little ones’ faces during a party, the after party clean-up can feel like a catastrophe! Make your clean-up less crazy by using tumblers with plastic lids and straws. You’ll make less trash than if you use paper cups and you’ll have fewer spills—two things all parents can get behind!
- Date night doesn’t have to involve long waits and overpriced entrées! You and your sweetie can have a great time together by testing out new drink recipes and cooking dinner together at home. Try the Honey Orange Crush Spritzer, or a flavorful Caribbean Chicken with Honey Pineapple Sauce.
- Make your night in a night to remember with fun decorations! Set up some hanging lights and have an impromptu photo session with fun filters. You’ll be instant #relationshipgoals.
Girls’ Night In
- Instead of making one large dinner for your girls’ night in, try creating a few easy snacks that everyone can munch on throughout the night. Try some Sriracha and Honey Deviled Eggs or Honey and Nut Glazed Brie for two creative twists on traditional party snacks.
- It’s easy to get overwhelmed with décor options when you’re planning a party. Just one or two thoughtfully curated items—like fun napkins and bright straws—can make your party pop if you’re short on time or budget.
About Camille Styles:
Camille’s passion is inspiring others to live a happy and healthy life – she believes that everyday moments are cause for celebration. She is the owner and creative director of popular website CamilleStyles.com, which focuses on empowering women with inspirational lifestyle content. She is also the author of bestselling book, Camille Styles Entertaining, and proud mom to Phoebe and Henry. She loves green juice and coffee in equal measure, and although she frequently dreams of the beach, she's thrilled to call sunny Austin, Texas home.