All Appetizer Recipes
- Anticuchos of White Seabass with Aji Chile Honey Marinade And Semilla Salsa
- Asian Turkey Wontons with Mango Salsa
- Bees in the Herb Garden Dip or Dressing
- BLT Jam Flatbread Pizza
- Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Crostini with Whipped Feta and Honey
- Buzzy Bruschetta
- Caramelized Nuts with Honey and Chile Piquin
- Chipotle-Mango Salsa
- Curried Honey-Glazed Chicken Wings
- Double Corn and Honey Fritters with Honey-Bacon Drizzle
- Flatbread with Melted Manchego, Rosemary and Honey
- Fritos Vegtable Tempura with Chile Verde Honey Dipping Sauce
- Goat Cheese Spread with Lemon and Honey
- Grilled Honey, Lime and Cumin Marinated Shrimp
- Honey and Nut Glazed Brie
- Honey BBQ Party Franks
- Honey Brushed Pear & Boursin Crostini
- Honey Champagne Fondue
- Honey Chicken Wings
- Honey Cups with Brie, Walnuts and Cranberries
- Honey Sriracha Grilled Wings
- Honey-Curry Vegetable Dip
- Honey-Jack Mexican Fondue
- Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers
- Honey-Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls
- Honey-Whiskey Popcorn
- Moroccan Spiced Hummus
- Northwest Bruschetta
- Pear, Blue Cheese and Honey Tartine
- Prosciutto Honey Wraps
- Roasted Eggplant with Feta and Honey Drizzle
- Sage-Honey Roasted Acorn Squash
- Sea Bass Ceviche
- Skewers of Cumin Chicken with Yogurt Lemon Honey Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Honey Rosemary Cheese Snacks
- Sriracha and Honey Deviled Eggs
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
- Sweetly Curried Dipping Sauce
- Tapas of Short Ribs with Honey Chimichurri Sauce
- Veggie Wraps with Avocado-Honey Dressing
- Winter Honey Lox Toast
Grilled Honey, Lime and Cumin Marinated Shrimp
With a hint of fresh lime juice and zest this bright tasting marinade is also delicious paired with scallops, halibut and other mild flavored seafood. Honey tames the citrus notes of this dish and brings a golden color to the final dish!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 1 to 2 hours
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup - honey
- ¼ cup - fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons - cilantro, finely chopped, including stems
- 2 teaspoons - jalapeno, minced, plus seeds for more heat
- 1 teaspoon - lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon - ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon - salt
- 16 jumbo - shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon - jalapeno, thin sliced rounds
- 4 - lime wedges
- cilantro sprigs
In a medium sized bowl combine honey, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, jalapeno and lime zest.
To enhance the flavor of the cumin, heat in a small skillet set over low heat, stirring, until warmed and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add to the marinade, in addition to salt. Stir to blend.
Add shrimp to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
When ready to grill select 4, 12-inch skewers. Thread each shrimp through the tail and head portion onto the skewers, dividing evenly. Lay on a platter and spoon the remaining marinade on top.
Heat grill until very hot. Grill shrimp until lightly charred on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon any remaining marinade over the shrimp and turn raw side down. Grill just until the shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Arrange on a clean platter and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, thin-sliced jalapeno, lime wedges and cilantro sprigs. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Marie Simmons, cookbook author.