All Appetizer Recipes
- Anticuchos of White Seabass with Aji Chile Honey Marinade And Semilla Salsa
- Asian Turkey Wontons with Mango Salsa
- Bees in the Herb Garden Dip or Dressing
- BLT Jam Flatbread Pizza
- Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Crostini with Whipped Feta and Honey
- Buzzy Bruschetta
- Caramelized Nuts with Honey and Chile Piquin
- Chipotle-Mango Salsa
- Curried Honey-Glazed Chicken Wings
- Double Corn and Honey Fritters with Honey-Bacon Drizzle
- Flatbread with Melted Manchego, Rosemary and Honey
- Fritos Vegtable Tempura with Chile Verde Honey Dipping Sauce
- Goat Cheese Spread with Lemon and Honey
- Grilled Honey, Lime and Cumin Marinated Shrimp
- Honey and Nut Glazed Brie
- Honey BBQ Party Franks
- Honey Brushed Pear & Boursin Crostini
- Honey Champagne Fondue
- Honey Chicken Wings
- Honey Cups with Brie, Walnuts and Cranberries
- Honey Sriracha Grilled Wings
- Honey-Curry Vegetable Dip
- Honey-Jack Mexican Fondue
- Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers
- Honey-Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls
- Honey-Whiskey Popcorn
- Moroccan Spiced Hummus
- Northwest Bruschetta
- Pear, Blue Cheese and Honey Tartine
- Prosciutto Honey Wraps
- Roasted Eggplant with Feta and Honey Drizzle
- Sage-Honey Roasted Acorn Squash
- Sea Bass Ceviche
- Skewers of Cumin Chicken with Yogurt Lemon Honey Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Honey Rosemary Cheese Snacks
- Sriracha and Honey Deviled Eggs
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
- Sweetly Curried Dipping Sauce
- Tapas of Short Ribs with Honey Chimichurri Sauce
- Veggie Wraps with Avocado-Honey Dressing
- Winter Honey Lox Toast
- 4 ounces (about 2 cups) - sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) - cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon - honey
- 1 teaspoon - hot sauce
- ¾ cup - all-purpose flour
- ½ cup - fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon - coarse salt
- ¼ cup - honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce - hot sauce
- coarse salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two sheet pans with baking parchment.
Place the cheese, butter, honey and hot sauce in a food processor and pulse to blend. Add the flour, rosemary and salt and pulse repeatedly until mixture clumps and forms a ball when pinched between fingertips.
Remove the food processor blade. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and press into a ½ inch thick circle. Divide the circle in quarters. Cut each quarter into 4 even pieces. Gently roll each piece into a 12- inch long pencil thin rope. Cut into 4-inch lengths and place on the prepared baking sheets at 1 inch intervals.
To create the glaze: Combine honey and hot sauce in a small saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring until very thin-about 5 to 10 seconds. With a small brush lightly brush each stick with the honey.
Bake until lightly browned on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and with two small spatulas carefully turn each stick over. Bake 2 to 5 minutes longer or until nicely browned. Remove the pans from the oven. Sprinkle the sticks lightly with coarse salt. Cool completely before removing from the sheet pans.
Arrange on a plate and cover lightly with a dish towel. If tightly covered the sticks will lose their crispness. Alternately, wrap the sticks in baking parchment.
TIP: Try a clover or orange blossom honey varietal with this recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Marie Simmons, cookbook author.