All Baked Goods Recipes
- Apricot Honey Bread
- Bacon Cheddar Chive Scone with Honey
- Baklava Cookie Cups
- Bayou Chewy Honey Bars
- Bee Sweet Banana Bread
- Blueberry Muffins with Salted Honey Crumble
- Cajun Tomato Bread
- Cherry-Berry Bread Mix
- Chocolate Honey Rolls
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Cinnamon Honey Glazed Sticky Buns
- Colusa Corn Muffins
- Cranberry Muffins
- Cranberry Oat Bread
- Dates and Honey Bread
- Easy Honey Muffins
- Family Favorite Honey-Pumpkin Muffins
- Golden Cornbread
- Golden Glow Muffins
- Grain-Free Honey-Soaked Pistachio Donuts
- Holiday Honey Cookies (Gingerbread)
- Holiday Scone Mix
- Honey Almond Coffee Cake with Almond-Honey Streusel Topping
- Honey Apricot Muffins
- Honey Bacon-Cheddar Scones
- Honey Banana Bread
- Honey Blueberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
- Honey Challah
- Honey Cloverleafs Rolls
- Honey Cornbread
- Honey Cornmeal Biscuits
- Honey Mustard Pastry Twists
Honey Almond Coffee Cake with Almond-Honey Streusel Topping
Honey makes this coffee cake both moist and naturally sweet. Try using a clover or orange blossom honey for this recipe. If you are looking for a bolder honey taste, use wildflower honey. When baking with honey, ingredients at room temperature insure a smooth batter.
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) - unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup - granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey - honey
- 2 large - eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon - almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon - ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 1/3 cup - buttermilk, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly butter a 9-inch square or round baking pan.
Place butter and sugar in the large bowl of a stand mixture and beat until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the honey in a thin steady stream. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. On low speed gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until blended. Slowly stir in buttermilk until combined.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread to the corners. Crumble the Almond Honey Streusel Topping evenly on the batter. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of thin-sliced almonds*. Bake until edges are browned and pulling away from the pan and center is set when touched lightly, 35 to 45 minutes.
Cool completely before cutting into squares and serving. The cake keeps well for several days.
Make the Almond Honey Streusel Topping.
Recipe courtesy of Marie Simmons, cookbook author.
Almond Honey Streusel Topping