All Baked Goods Recipes
- Bacon Cheddar Chive Scone with Honey
- Baklava Cookie Cups
- Bayou Chewy Honey Bars
- Bee Sweet Banana Bread
- Blueberry Muffins with Salted Honey Crumble
- Cajun Tomato Bread
- Cinnamon Honey Glazed Sticky Buns
- Golden Cornbread
- Grain-Free Honey-Soaked Pistachio Donuts
- Holiday Scone Mix
- Honey Bacon-Cheddar Scones
- Honey Banana Bread
- Honey Blueberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
- Honey Cornbread
- Honey Mustard Pastry Twists
- Honey Nut Snack Cake
- Honey Passion Fruit Blueberry Cupcakes
- Honey Pizza Dough
- Honey Twists
- Honey Wheat Pretzel Rolls
- Honey-Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- 1¼ cups - water, warm (105° to 115°F)
- 2 teaspoons - active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon - honey
- 2 tablespoons - extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons - coarse salt
- 3½ to 4 cups - unbleached all-purpose flour, or more as needed
Combine ¼ cup of the warm water with the yeast and honey in a large bowl; stir to blend. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and let it stand for about 10 minutes, or until foamy.
Mix in the remaining 1 cup of water, olive oil, salt, and 11/2 cups of the flour, and stir until smooth. Gradually add the remaining 2 to 21/2 cups of flour, stirring until the dough comes away from the side of the bowl.
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead by hand for about 10 minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic, adding as much extra flour as needed to keep the dough from being too sticky. Alternatively, knead the dough with a dough hook in a stand mixer for about 5 minutes. The dough is adequately kneaded with it springs back when poked with a finger.
Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large, oiled bowl. Turn the dough to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
Punch down the dough and divide and shape as directed in the recipe. If not using the dough right away, punch it down, cover lightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Flatbread with Melted Manchego, Rosemary and Honey