All Baked Goods Recipes
- Bacon Cheddar Chive Scone with Honey
- Baklava Cookie Cups
- Bayou Chewy Honey Bars
- Bee Sweet Banana Bread
- Blueberry Muffins with Salted Honey Crumble
- Cajun Tomato Bread
- Cinnamon Honey Glazed Sticky Buns
- Golden Cornbread
- Grain-Free Honey-Soaked Pistachio Donuts
- Holiday Scone Mix
- Honey Bacon-Cheddar Scones
- Honey Banana Bread
- Honey Blueberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
- Honey Cornbread
- Honey Mustard Pastry Twists
- Honey Nut Snack Cake
- Honey Passion Fruit Blueberry Cupcakes
- Honey Pizza Dough
- Honey Twists
- Honey Wheat Pretzel Rolls
- Honey-Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Bacon Cheddar Chive Scone with Honey
In a bowl, mix together the cheese, chives, and bacon with 2/3 cup of the all purpose flour and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a paddle attachment, mix together on a medium-low speed, adding the cold butter and cold bacon fat. Mix until butter and fat are the size of a pea. Add the cheese mixture you set aside in the beginning ... [read full recipe below]
Yield: Makes 15 scones
- 2 1/2 cups - sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups - chives, chopped 1/8 inches long
- 2 cups - bacon, cooked, chopped
- 6 2/3 cups - all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons - baking powder
- 1 tablespoon - salt
- 4 sticks - cold butter, cubed, unsalted 1/2 inch
- 2 oz. - bacon fat, cold
- 9 - eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup - honey
- 1/4 cup - heavy cream
- 1 cup - half and half
- Egg wash (recipe below)
In a bowl, mix together the cheese, chives, and bacon with 2/3 cup of the all purpose flour and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a paddle attachment, mix together on a medium-low speed, adding the cold butter and cold bacon fat. Mix until butter and fat are the size of a pea.
Add the cheese mixture you set aside in the beginning of the recipe and lower speed to the lowest.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, half and half, and honey, then slowly add to the mixing bowl and mix on low just till all the dry ingredients come together. Do not over mix. The dough will look slightly wet.
Remove dough from the mixer and transfer to a (9x13) baking sheet, lined with parchment paper and sprinkled with flour (about 1/4 cup-additional). Press gently until the dough is spread evenly and then freeze for 1 hour or until the dough is firm enough to cut.
Transfer the dough out onto a cutting board, sprinkle additional flour on the cutting surface. Mark the dough into 3 x 5 rows and then cut into squares.
Place each square onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, brush with egg wash and bake in an oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown, with a slight amber color.
For Egg Wash: Combine 2 whole eggs, 2 tablespoons of whole milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt and whisk until well blended.
Recipe courtesy of Chef David Guas – Spokesperson, National Honey Board